So you are coming to a Creative Eclectic class. Woo Hoo! I can’t wait to see you! We are going to have so much fun together!
To make the most of your Class experience, you will need to bring a basic tool kit. This will reduce your waiting time and allow you to work on your projects at your pace.
At the very least, your kit should include:
- a bone folder to ensure crisp folds
- paper snips (scissors) for cutting ribbon and paper
- piercing tool for piercing holes and picking up those tricky embellishments &
- Stampin’ piercing mat – this is a great base to get crisp images when using photopolymer stamps.
- good adhesive – I prefer snail and multipurpose glue. Don’t forget to have refills if you are using a tape runner.
- a pencil and eraser (rubber) and
- plastic or metal ruler with measurements in inches and centimetres
Here’s a snapshot of what’s in my basic kit:
Additional Class Tools
Occasionally, you will be asked to bring additional items to class as it is a tool based class or to reduce waiting times. You will get plenty of notice and a reminder beforehand.
Tools you MAY asked to bring are:
You can bring equivalent brands of these tools. However, you MUST make sure your tool does the same job as what you’ve asked to bring. For example, many paper trimmers do not have a scoring blade and a cutting blade. Other die cutting machines are not as wide as the big shot so they cannot be used with the wider embossing folders.
If you don’t have a particular tool, please let me know before class so we can work something out for you.