Unless you’ve been living under a rock… it would be hard not to notice that “planners” are the latest “big” thing. There are Facebook groups, Instagram feeds, websites and even weekend markets all devoted to the humble planner.
Planners are more than a place to write your appointments and reminders. They can be a beautiful work of art. Of course, you have seen the gorgeous Love Today all-Inclusive planner kit and refills on pages 12 and 13 of the latest annual catalogue. Let me tell you those photos don’t do it justice. It is more beautiful in real life.
When I saw this kit, I was faced with a dilemma. My daughter gifted me a beautiful metallic planner a few years ago (she was ahead to the trend). I love it , use it daily and has tremendous sentimental value. But I really adore the new Love Today kit.
Like me, you might not be ready to move to the fabulous Stampin’ Up! Planner yet. Did you know there are heaps of Stampin’ Up! Products that you can use to customise your planner?
Here’s a just 16 ways Stampin’ Up! products will turn your planner into an eclectic, yet functional, artwork (I’ll include the links at the end) or as my friends like to say “Pimp your Planner”:
- Bow Builder Punch (page 207) – Foil bows are really hot right now. Attach your bow to a giant paper clip to make custom placeholder. Use the plain foil (page 194), Foil Frenzy Designer Series paper (page 189) or any favourite cardstock or DSP that takes your fancy.
- If smaller bows are more your style, 2017-2019 In Colour Bitty Bows will fill this need.
- Make custom tabbed dividers using the envelope punch board (page 204) and the Stampin’ Trimmer (page 205). Punch binder holes using the 1/8″ or 1/2″ circle punches (page 207). Don’t restrict yourself to standard cardstock, try using the vellum cardstock page for a different look. It works beautifully.
- Add some cute stamped circle tabs with the Tabs for Everything Bundle (page 43)
- Metallic Foil and delicate white doilies (page 194) are great for decorating your journal.
- Washi Tape (page 195) adds colour without adding bulk. Use it to secure your concert or movie ticket stubs.
- Use the cute striped gold & White treat bags to create custom pockets for your receipts and personal notes. You can customise these bags to suit your planner with the Stampin’ Spritzer or brayer (page 200).
- Clip it – the gold library and binder clips or the fabulous bright Eclectic Shaped paper clips will help you keep everything together. (Page 196). Add some extra interest with one of the many ribbons and trims (pages 198-199)
- Add a touch of elegance with the Eastern Gold Vinyl Sticker or the Naturally Eclectic Overlays (Page 196)
- No journal would be complete without bling – choose from the traditional rhinestones to glitter enamel dots or metal enamel shapes. Or use the faceted gems (page 197), White Perfect Accents (page 196) and brand new black rhinestones (2017 Holiday Catalogue).
- Use your Many marvelous markers (page 202), Journaling Pens (page 201) or Chalk Marker (page 200) to write important notes, appointments or journal entries.
- Add interest with the Pattern Party Decorative Masks (page 201). Use your masks with ink or, if you want extra texture, try the new embossing paste (page 201)
- Raised heat embossed images or words are fantastic additions to your planner. The Stampin’ Up! metallic Embossing powders (page 201) are right on trend.
- Don’t forget you can add photos, ticket stubs and other memorabilia to your planner. For that you will need adhesive – Fast Fuse, Multipurpose glue, glue dots, tear & tape (page 202) and multipurpose adhesive sheets (page 203) are perfect for attaching those precious memories.
- The duet banner, classic label and banner punches (page 206) are all perfect for adding layers to your journal.
- Don’t forget you can use your Big Shot and the dies (page 209-216) to decorate your journal pages too. The words from Sunshine Wishes and Lovely Words dies are obvious candidates to include in your planner.
As you can see there are so many products you can use on your planner to add a bit of pizzazz and we haven’t even explored how to use stamps on your planner.
Head over to my online store to pick up your planner supplies.
Suggested Products to add Pizzazz to your planner